September 13, 2016 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Fullerton College, Bldg. 1400 - Room 1440
Sociology Club and Health Services are hosting
SUICIDE PREVENTION & AWARENESS
Tuesday, September 13
3:30 – 5:00
Open to ALL students, faculty, and staff.
Did You Know?
• A person dies by suicide every 12.3 minutes in the U.S. (CDC)
• Over 40,000 people in the U.S. die by suicide each year.
• 1 out of 12 college students has a suicide plan.
• Nearly 1,000,000 people make a suicide attempt every year.
• Males are four times more likely to die from suicide than females.
• Females attempt suicide 3x more than males.
• More people die from suicide than from homicide.
• Veterans comprise 22.2% of suicides.
• Attempts are 2 - 6x more frequent among youth who identify as gay,
lesbian, or bisexual, than among heterosexual youth.
"With Hope is a nonprofit organization dedicated to suicide prevention through improving
mental health support services and education in our schools and throughout our
For more information, please contact FC Sociology Instructor: Angie Andrus firstname.lastname@example.org