October 9, 2017 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Fullerton College, Social Sciences bldg., room 1413
Fullerton College Sociology Club and Health Services are hosting SUICIDE PREVENTION & AWARENESS
Monday, October 9, 3:00 – 4:30, Room 1413
This seminar is open to ALL students, faculty, and staff!
Did You Know?
- A person dies by suicide every 12.3 minutes in the U.S. (CDC)
- Over 40,000 people in the U.S. die by suicide each year.
- 1 out of 12 college students has a suicide plan.
- Nearly 1,000,000 people make a suicide attempt every year.
- Males are four times more likely to die from suicide than females.
- Females attempt suicide 3x more than males.
- More people die from suicide than from homicide.
- Veterans comprise 22.2% of suicides.
- Attempts are 2 - 6x more frequent among youth who identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual, than among heterosexual youth.
"With Hope is a nonprofit organization dedicated to suicide prevention through improving mental health support services and education in our schools and throughout our community."